Monday, April 29, 2013

DIY Diva in Training....new series!

I think the Little Red Hen had a little bit of DIY-er in her when she said "I'll do it myself!"  I want my home to look like something out of a magazine, decor-wise.  But getting it to look that way is craaaaaaazy expensive. If you go the ready-made route, good for you!  Since this momma is low on funds and trying to pinch her pennies, I'm going the DIY route.  So, introducing the "DIY diva in training" series!


Each week, I'll be transforming a piece of furniture or adding character to my home by doing it myself and saving money.  Here's a preview of all the furniture pieces that I have around my house that need a little TLC.


From top left, going clockwise: 
1.  Corner table (yard sale find: $15). 
2.  Adorable little table with cubbies (yard sale find:  $10). 
3.  Your guess is as good as mine (yard sale: $1)
4.  Really flipping awesome desk (antique store in Bardstown:  $40)
5.  Octagon side table (consignment store in Bardstown: $12)


From top, going clockwise:
 
1.  Chest of drawers (from Marty's childhood bedroom)
2.  Dresser (from Marty's childhood bedroom)
3.  Side table (yard sale find:  $15)
 
I'm going to breathe new life into these tired little pieces.  Give them a fresh coat of paint and some TLC.  But I'm also going to share some other little tips and tricks to decorate your house for as cheaply as you can get away with.  I'll be doing one big project or renovation every week, so be looking for them!  Maybe I will post them on Tuesdays for the Twitter hashtag #transformationtuesday (Or is it Transformation Thursday and Throwback Tuesday?  Whatev).  I will gladly welcome any and all ideas or pins that you think would be fitting for these pieces (particularly that little cubby hole table...can't figure out what I'm doing with that little dude just yet).  Hopefully big ideas and big reveals will be happening!  So stay tuuuuuuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment